Friday, June 19, 2015

Priceline Skincare Gift Bag Goody Bag - Unbagging, Breakdown & Review

Hi everyone!

Did you know Priceline does regular "destash" goody bags, just like we try to do with our own makeup/skincare? :P

This skincare goody bag was the biggest one yet, so I knew I had to be in on it!

It started today (Thursday 16th June 2015) and there were fliers everywhere~

To get it, you had to buy $69 or more on participating brands~



Participating Brands: Antipodes, Biore, Burts Bees, Avene, Bondi Sands, Dr. Lewinns, Innoxa, Pure Paw Paw, Lanolips, Model Co, Jergens, Laboratoire Pharmaceutique, Le Tan, Montagne Jeunesse, Nuxe, Physiogel, Rosken, Swisspers, Palmers, Essano, Sukin, Thursday Plantation, Formula 10.0.6, Key Sun, lOreal, Neutrogena, Oxa, Bioderma, Nivea, Garnier.

(In store, a lot of these brands were on sale too!)

Without further ado, I''m going to show you what came in my bag...



SO MUCH STUFF! This is excluding the four free vouchers - ModelCo Cleanser of your choice, Innoxa Cleanser of your choice, Physiogel Cream and Garnier Skin Cream. ALL FULL SIZE.

Let's have a breakdown...

Tanning items
1. Bondi Sands Mitts (RRP $10)
2. Le Tan Instant Tan in Dark Bronze 110ml (RRP $13.50)

I don't tan, but definitely know some tanning junkies would be all over it. :P A miss for me personally though.

Cleansing
3. Sukin Detoxifying Clay Masque 50ml (RRP $16 for 100ml, $8)
4. Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser 200ml (RRP $14)
5. Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub 135ml (RRP $10)
6. Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Mask (RRP $4)

Especially excited for the Sukin clay mask! The rest though.. I'm very set (as in, have too much of) on cleansers in general...

Hand creams
7. Essano Rosehip Nourishing Hand Creme in Wild Rose and Jojoba 120ml (RRP $15)
8. Rosken Intensive Moisture Hand Cream 75ml (RRP $4)

The Essano hand creme looks really nice! Loving the pink packaging, it looks sleek and cute at the same time. Rosehip oil is a much-loved ingredient and I'm curious to know what it'll do for my hands! The other hand cream I'll probably give away though.

Oils
9. Thursday Plantation Nurture Oil Bio-Perfecting 60ml (RRP $13.49)
10. Antipodes Apostle Skin-Brightening & Tone-Correcting Serum 10ml sample (RRP $60 for 30ml, $20)
11. Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (One use sample)

I repeat - RRP $60?! For this Antipodes Serum? It's also sold in Myer for $59, so the story checks out. We have a fancy pants item here guys. :K who doesn't love free expensive skincare? How do people justify spending this much on a product they've never tried before?! Excited!

Moisturiser
12. Antipodes Vanilla  Pod Hydrating Day Cream (one use sample)
13. Dr Lewinn's Multi-Moisture Balm 50g (RRP. $30)
14. Jergens Daily Moisture 250ml (RRP $6) 
15. Palmer's Shea Butter Formula With Vitamin E Lotion 250ml (RRP. $7.50)

Palmer's! YAY!
That Antipodes sachet also sounds nice. The rest I'll probably use to see how it goes, but don't know much/currently have no strong feelings about.

"After-moisturiser"?

16. L'oreal Paris Revitalift Magic Blur Instant Skin Smoother Finishing Cream 30ml (RRP $25)
17. Garnier Miracle Skin Cream (5ml sample)

Again, no strong feelings. I should mention that you also get a voucher for the full size of the Garnier, but more on that later.

Lips

18. Pure Paw Paw Ointment in Strawberry 25g (RRP $6)
19. Lanolips 101 Ointment in Rose SPF15 12.5ml(RRP $14) 
20. Nivea Lip Butter Unscented 16.7g (RRP $5.69)
21. Key Sunn Zinke SPF50+ in Pink 12g (RRP $4)
22. La Roche Posay Cicaplast Soothing Repairing Balm 7.5ml sample (RRP $16 for 40ml, ~$3)

SO MANY LIP ITEMS. I LOVE LIPCARE. I WILL LOVE AND USE ALL OF THIS.
The Zinke does confuse me just a little bit though - I don't feel like I've ever seen this item in Priceline, and even search the Priceline website doesn't offer any Key Sun items... Weird..
And hey... isn't there meant to be a Burt's Bees lip product here?! D:

Face wipes

23. Swisspers Original Unscented Facial Cleansing Wipes (25 wipes) (RRP $6.30)
24. Formula 10.0.6 Wipe Your Face off Make-up Removing Facial Wipes in Pink Grapefruit and Apple (25 wipes) (RRP $7)

I know that Formula 10.0.6 is very popular - I love the packaging of this wipe and make-up removal wipes are always welcome! I will give both a go, both sound really nice!

Miscellaneous
25. Swisspers 400 Cotton Tips (RRP $5.80)
26. Avene Eau Thermale Spring Water Mist 50ml (RRP $10)
27. Innoxa Organic Brightening Eye Creme 15ml (RRP $20)

I needed new cotton tips! I really wanted the pads pictured in the sample bag but seeing other people's unbaggings - no one was getting the cotton pads and everyone was getting the tips, which was a shame. The Avene is such a perfect summer item (it's currently freezing in Sydney though) but a welcome addition to my stash. The Innoxa Organic Eye Creme is probably one of the highlights of the bag for me! My dark circles are my main problem area!

Vouchers!

28. ModelCo Cleanser - choose from their Gel Cleanser, Cream Cleanser or Cleansing Foam (RRP $15)
29. Innoxa Cleanser - choose from Innoxa's Renew Triple Action Gel Wash, Renew Anti-Ageing Exfoliator, or Super Sensitive Creme Cleansing Milk (RRP $18)
30. Physiogel Calming Relief Cream 50ml sample (RRP. $13 for 100ml, $6.50 sample)
31. Garnier Miracle Skin Cream 50ml (RRP $20)

So these vouchers work the same as the Priceline Sister Club ones would I assume. There's a barcode and you take it in store and let them scan it to redeem your free product. :)

So what was the total value of this bag?

$321

(*thank you Benscrub Indonesia for drawing my attention to things and helping me fix this number up!)

Excluding the Garnier sample ($2) and the Nuxe (not sure what to value this at.)

Over $400? $323 seems hardly. Then again, they will probably just claim the bag itself is worth over $80...? =/

Meh! I'm still really happy with the bag, just amused that it doesn't calculate to be over $400. Even if I was rather generous with the RRPs (I mean $5.80 for a pack of cotton buds? pls Priceline)

If you assume everything was 40% off (like the typical skincare sale that Priceline does have semi-regularly), then everything in this bag could have been purchased with $192.60.

Still great value. And you still got the original $69+ of things you bought in the first place. :)



Anyway, this was a LOOOOONG POST. It took a look amount of time because I had to individually search up the prices of everything, but you guys are worth it ;) I would've loved something like this for when I was deciding if I was going to get the bag or not, so I hope someone finds this helpful.

Of course be sensible - even though it's a lot of stuff, if you'll use only one item worth $20 in here it's not worth your money. I'm a sucker for gift with purchase promotions too, but I knew I'd definitely get my money's worth from this bag from looking at the picture.

Personally, I thought this was a fantastic bag with lots of products that I personally will use or have been wanting to try. The value is pretty great and the item selection and range of things is HUGE! Very well-rounded bag that covers most aspects of Western skincare.

If you want to see my first impressions of it as I was unbagging, here's my video as always!


 

Here's what you add to your cart online once you've carted your $69 or more of qualifying item. HERE

The promotion started on June 18 and technically runs until July 1st, but I think they will definitely run out by then, so be quick if you want one to avoid disappointment!

This is linked up with fabulousandfunlife!

Hope you guys enjoyed and I'll talk to you guys again very soon!

xoxo

pynkbunny~


-x- A QUICK UPDATE to this post:

Priceline did quote the RRP of the bag itself to be $40. They have also been fantastic in sending replacement items, so that the value of the bag did end up reaching just over $400. If you had any missing items with your own bag, contact their customer service! It's quite excellent :)

xx pynkbunny

20 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this review - really appreciate it and it has made me certain that I will be grabbing this (hopefully they won't run out of stock too soon). What items did you end up purchasing to hit the $69? And have you had the chance to redeem your vouchers yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries! I showed what I bought in my video - three $20 sets, a Jergens cream and some Swisspers cotton pads=) No vouchers yet - best of luck!

      Delete
  2. I was emailed this promo but I didn't think too much of it...but since you have so many extras... care to share? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing darling!

    Anyway some corrections:

    Antipodes is 10ml.
    RRP $60 is for 30ml.

    Sukin green clay super green is 50ml.
    RRP $16 is for 100ml

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanolips is $14 not $16
      https://www.priceline.com.au/skincare/lip-care/balms/lanolips-lip-ointment-with-colour-rose-spf15-12.5-g

      Delete
    2. La Roche Posay Cicaplast Soothing Repairing Balm is 7.5ml
      $16 RRP is for 40ml

      Delete
    3. Wow, good catches! Turned out I vastly overvalued the bag, and it's only at $321. Thanks!

      Delete
    4. Still a good catch for us babe!

      Delete
  4. Did you get a tinted lip balm from burt bees?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't - I called their CS about it and they said they'd get back to me in a week about a replacement. I won't update until I know if they'll actually replace it though! I'm considering doing another video letting people know it's worth a lot less than $400 because I feel bad for spreading misinformation to those who have already seen this post T_T

      Delete
  5. hey there. do u think there will be any goody bags left tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It depends on where you're located - if it's a popular Priceline like the city, then maybe there won't be any left! You can always call up the store to check =) good luck!

      Delete
  6. I didn't end up getting it this year, I've only just finished everything from last years bag!
    I think it's pretty much sold out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's sold out online =( This is my first goody bag though so it's the real test of whether I'll use anything/everything! ^^

      Delete
  7. I hope it's not sold out at my Priceline! Planning on getting one tomorrow! Thanks for linking up to The Monday Makeup Madness #11 link up party! It was lovely meeting you on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck getting one! Let me know how it goes! c: And thank you for hosting the link up!

      Delete
  8. I received a goodie bag myself and it does indeed add up to $400 once you redeem the four product vouchers that were inside the bag. If you didn't receive the vouchers, I'd be following that up, too! Great deals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did mention the vouchers =) They're the last items in the post and I included them in the value. Still adds up to $323. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  9. Awesome review hon, thanks for all the pics of the loot - it helps SO much when gals like you post photos of exactly what's in the bag ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! It's not a problem - helpful is what I aim for! ^__^

      Delete