Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Haul, Mini-review: Tonymoly Delight Mono Shadow, FOTD, OOTD... IDK my day in general? O_O THIS POST IS EVERYTHINGGGG


Hi everyone!

I did a bit of shopping today. And by a bit, I mean, quite a bit.

But by far the best finds were all Asian beauty related and UNDER $3 EACH.



Those Tonymoly Delight mono eyeshadows? Would you like to guess how much they were?

I purchased them from AHA in Parramatta Westfields - that's a physical store located in Sydney, Australia. For those of you who aren't unfamiliar, everything in Australian physical stores are REALLY EXPENSIVE/marked up compared to real life.

I was browsing around, just wanting to laugh at how ridiculous the prices were (which I mostly did) - but THESE BEAUTIES WERE $2 EACH. AND THERE WERE SO MANY COLOURS.

(They also had the Tonymoly I'm Real masks for 10 for $15, which isn't bad! I regret not taking pictures now, this store/stall actually had quite a lot of things...)

Anyway, I'm not usually a mono kind of gal, but I just knew I had to pick a few up. They're handy to just chuck in your purse, they had over 20 colours with testers just begging me to test them, and I have to support AB in Australia of course! ;)



They open up like this and you can close them back up. Of course it's just plastic but it's not actually to flimsy - like flimsy but not sushi takeaway container flimsy, more like Dhinese take away container grade plastic where you know it'll hold your food but not really withstand pressure. :P.





These are decently pigmented and show up well whilst still remaining kind of "background" colours! I'm pretty impressed. The silver is by far the least pigmented and would apply over matte colours to add shimmer nicely. All three colours are VERY shimmery and gorgeous!

I love shimmery colours!

They had a few matte shades too but none that appealed to me.

I wish I bought more - in fact I'll probably be going back to buy more next chance I get because for $2each, I don't think that's beatable and I seriously just want everything to play with.

The store wasn't selling the palette you're meant to put these in, which I suspect might be part of the reason they're on sale, but I think they're fine as they are. They'll survive being tossed around in your purse. At least, I think they would - I'll be finding out! They're so light and compact.

My Verdict!
♥ Pigment: 3/5 (These Tonymoly shadows are very buildable, but still rather sheer. They make for perfect subtle "overall lid" colours. So not as pigmented as let's say, the UD Naked shadows, but that's why I chose them! So much more forgiving for an eyeshadow newbie like me!)
♥ Price: 5/5 ($2each WHAAAT.)
♥ Colour Range: 4/5 (So many shimmery and matte colours, mainly neutrals and very wearable colours.)
♥ Packaging: 3.5/5 (Even though it's light, portable and compact standalone, you are supposed to buy a separate palette to contain it since it's flimsy. They could just make these individual packs sturdier!)
♥ Texture: 5/5! (So easy to apply and feels like nothing on!)





As for the Daiso facial plate... Facial massage is awesome! If you haven't seen one of these before, they're for scraping your face to make it look skinnier. (Yes, seriously!) There are tutorials for it online and it's rather easy to do ^^ I'd highly recommend looking into it if you haven't already!

$2.80 is seriously an unbeatable price for one of these. (Even on ebay they're at least $3. And they're green. :K) And finally I've managed to catch one, which I'm really happy about since I stalk Daiso basically religiously and it hasn't been in stock.

(Still hunting for the Silicone facial mask holder thing, grr!)

Everytime I walk into Daiso I walk out with at least a few things, so I felt like it was an achievement to leave with only one thing I had been hunting for.

(Actually, that's because just a few days previously, I bought this little lot of things..)

Reviews of these items later - don't want to crowd this post :P

So all this shopping started with an innocent catchup over breakfast...

FOTD:



I love my pocky!

Went with a kind of everyday natural look and a subtle pink lip ^^ ~

Makeup for this look ~

AB:
♥ Dr G Bling Bling Cream
♥ Dolly Wink Liquid Black Eyeliner
♥ Canmake Cover & Stretch Concealer
♥ Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Lash  Meister
♥ Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
♥ Daiso Basecoat Mascara (for my eyebrows!)


Non-AB:
♥ Rimmel Stay Matte Finishing Powder in Sandstorm
♥ Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Lolita
♥ NARS Orgasm
♥ Colourpop Lippie Stix in Rocket Satin

-- end Asian Beauty relevance, the rest is just a post about my day now :) --

OOTD:



I was feeling very pink and girly for a day of very girly catchup and shopping~

We met up at Paper Plane Cafe at about 8:30!

(I wanted to go to Shinara to try their big breakfast, but Roo refused. XD)


Delicious breakfast menu :)



A photo posted by (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・✧ (@pynkbunnyy) on
Everything was so nicely presented and prepared quickly!

The atmosphere was very nice and homely :)

After we were full and energised, we were READY TO SHOP.

It was her last hoorah before Ramadan, and for me it was my first time being out since after finals, so you can guess what happened...

oops...


This was my full haul, non-AB and all~

(Also bought a few presents that aren't pictured in case the recipients read this post ;))

Finished the day co-casting FaceIt Pro League with Tom for Bad News Studio ~ (a dota2 casting studio I'm a part of! We're very new but it's a load of fun and we're the official casters for the upcoming Tita Tournament!)

(I know not too many of you would be interested, but it's mainly just here to confirm it's me XP)

CLICK HERE!

And that was my day! I guess?

Well, I didn't really end it with the cast - I ended it blogging to you guys. Just trying something new and giving you a glimpse of what I've been up to.

Maybe you guys enjoy this kind of thing? WHO KNOWS, I DON'T, I'M JUST HAVING FUN.

Let me know your thoughts <3

Thanks for reading ~

with lots of love,

pynkbunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment